The land. The people. The PRODUCE!
Words cannot describe my experience in Rwanda, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Safari camping in Akagera Park
- Market visits with the most INCREDIBLE and FRESH produce
- Learning to cook a traditional meal in the Congo from the gracious Mama Feraha
- Taking a Swahili lesson!
- Eating at fabulous restaurants in Kigali, Rwanda
- Visiting Gardens for Health and hearing about their initiatives, and joining in their community lunch
- Staying at an eco-lodge in Gisenyi, Rwanda
- Participating in a collaborative art project in Goma, DRC
- Shopping for ingredients at the local market and making a huge family meal for new friends
- Eating a meal at Chez Juslaine, recently opened by the phenomenal Juslaine herself
- A two hour (very bumpy) journey to Virunga Park to see the orphan gorillas and enjoying a fabulous lunch at the luxurious Mikeno Lodge
- Collecting fresh eggs from my friend's backyard chickens and cooking them up immediately for breakfast!
- Coffee with a view...
- Trying a MARACUJA (passion fruit) picked right off the tree for the first time-- hooked!